If you’re turning your nose up at the thought of bouncing around on a trampoline in the name of fitness, it may be time to get back in touch with your inner child. Lighten up, because if you don’t you might miss the many benefits that a trampoline workout can give you.
The top 20 reasons that you should workout on a trampoline
1. Improved sense of self-control.
2. Better mental performance with keener learning.
3. Heightened coordination between the proprioceptors in your joints.
4. Improved balance.
5. Reduced feelings of anxiety and depression by an increase in endorphins.
6. Increased lymphatic circulation.
7. Reduced blood pressure when the arterial pressures rise during exertion.
8. Enhanced digestion.
9. Encourages blood circulation by increasing the capillary count in the muscles and decreasing the distance between the capillaries and the target cells
10. Protects the joints from the chronic fatigue and impact delivered by hard surfaces.
11. Promotes tissue repair.
12. Increases respiration and capacity for breathing.
13. Boosted metabolism and improved resting metabolic rate.
14. Strengthens the heart and other muscles.
15. Lowers circulating cholesterol and triglycerides.
16. Prevents chronic swelling by decrease in the volume of blood pooling in the veins.
17. Keeps you young by slowing down atrophy in aging.
18. Rebounding for longer than 20 minutes at increases the mitochondria count within cells.
19. Aids the alkaline reserve, which may be of significance in an emergency requiring prolonged effort.
20. Relives pain from sore neck, back, headaches, and discomfort caused by lack of exercise.
For more content on fitness using a trampoline, nutrition, and workouts, get TRAIN magazine direct into your inbox every month for free by signing up to our newsletter